I don’t know about you, but it feels as though there are more to-dos than the page length I have to write them down. And this endless list of to-dos creates anxiety in my life. This need to find
Balance is not something that comes easily, especially if you are a working mom. Balance is about being at peace with your life.
Repeat that last part to yourself, it is about being at peace with your life.
Being at peace with yourself is knowing who you are and being confident in your identity. Your character is showing your personal values, as well as your vision and mission in life. It shows that you are able and competent. People can trust you.
In this day and age in which we live, it is easy to live an imbalanced life. The modern world is fast-paced and high demand. Therefor it is becoming more important to look after your personal health and well-being.
Thomas Merton said we need to find balance, order, rhythm and harmony. Once these things are found you will feel calm, grounded, clear-headed and motivated.
To live with balance doesn’t have to be a daunting task.
Your first task when you want to live a balanced life is to become more aware. Awareness asks for internal examination. You can create awareness in the following ways:
- Meditate: meditation is one of those things that can be extremely hard, while actually being quite simple. I am reading “You are a Badass”
fromJen Sincero. I love this description she has of meditation, when you shut up and meditate for even five minutes and start to really notice the thoughts that are squirrelling around in your brain, it is rather illuminating. Meditation is not just something an elite, self-actualised few humans do. It is a practice which you can install into your everyday life. There is no right or wrong way to meditate. When you meditate it allows you to connect with GOD and this will help you to:
- be present in this moment
- opens your mind to receive information, ideas and answers you were seeking for
- betters your mood and raises your frequency
2. Journal: when you write down your thoughts and feelings it helps you to understand yourself and where you are, better. Journaling helps you with a new perspective. It is a tool that can help you clarify your thoughts. There are amazing benefits to journaling, some which can include the following, it stretches your IQ and help you to accomplish your goals, it strengthen your self-discipline and can help you to heal from past hurts.
When you get into the habit of meditating and journaling you are turning your attention inward and creating more awareness in your life.
You take the time to look at your life, your state of mind and how you are feeling. You acknowledge your existence.
This reflection is vital to know where you are and where you are heading.
Live has many demands on you. This high demand ask resilience. To have resilience you need to have balance, order, rhythm and harmony in your life.
Balance is about having even distribution of the weight of all areas in your life. This enables you to remain upright and steady even if you are surrounded by chaos. These areas in your life include your physical, emotional, spiritual and mental space. These areas must be equal or in direct proportions to each other.
Order is about arranging things in a particular sequence or to put things is a specified place.
What is the pattern that you follow in your day? This pattern form part of your habits that puts structure to your day. This habit forms part of you actions which puts you in alignment with your character and your destiny.
Rhythm is a strong, regular, repeated pattern of movement. It follows very closely on order, but this has a flow to it. It is a regularly recurring sequence of events or processes. It follows a particular pattern that allows your mind to rest in the pattern without having to give much thought about what is coming next.
Harmony is about having and experiencing peace despite circumstances. It is a pleasing and consistent whole. You are a pleasing and consistent whole. As women we are being told so many lies about what creates wholeness, but just being you and offering what you have to offer makes you whole.
How can you achieve balance for better in your life?
Join the Me: Only More Effective workshop, here.
🕰 This workshop will help you to understand balance and harmony better.
🕰 It will help you to use your time more effective.
🕰 This workshop will help you to create a daily agenda for your life.
Allow me to share with you a few things which I have implemented in my own life:
- Care and nurture yourself. My self care practise includes a morning flow that enables me to tackle my day from a place of harmony. My evening routine allows me to relax and prepare for nurturing sleep. I can only share what I do for my self care, but it is something that you need to figure out for yourself, because it is your practise and it need to suit you and your lifestyle. A selfcare practise needs to include your physical, spiritual, emotional and mental space.
- Be mindful of what you consume: This consumption includes what you eat and drink, as well as what you see on social media and TV, as well as what you listen to and what you read. You cannot expect to live a balanced life if all you eat is unhealthy, unbalanced, non-nutritive food. Check in with your diet on a regular basis and make sure it offers support for your lifestyle. We don’t realise the impact of what we watch, hear and read. If your senses is bombarded with all that is negative, then how can you expect to feel balanced and at ease? What you consume via your senses has a great impact on your overall well-being.
- Create an efficient mindset: Change begins in your mind. If you allow your mind to feel in balance and with harmony then you can expect your whole being to feel more balanced and at ease. Our affirmation for the month is Balance for Better, make this mantra/affirmation part of your daily self talk. Allow this affirmation to be birthed in your mind so that it can overflow into the rest of your life.
- Get rid of clutter: This clutter includes, but is not limited too, unused and unwanted goods, people and relationships who add nothing to your life, negative mind chatter, a lifestyle which is in no way beneficial to you. Keep things that are important and with benefits. Love people who add value to your life and well-being. Keep things close to your heart which is sacred and loved. Less is more, with food and people, the less drama, the more love and value.
- Exercise: Movement is life. Nothing can move unless you move, this includes your blood and oxygen, as well as your creativity and ideas. When you are stuck in an imbalanced place, get that body moving. Movement will help to get rid of stale and stagnant ideas. Movement will get the blood pumping and allow new ideas and fresh creativity to move into you spaces.
You are allowed to create and live a life which is balanced and in harmony.
If you feel stuck in a place of imbalance and chaos, then get your ticket for the Me: Only More Effective workshop, here.
To have balance in your ask of you to understand your lifestyle and your schedule. It asks of you to be in tune with your internal clock and to honour your health and well being above all else.
Join the conversation and tell me your biggest struggle when it comes to finding balance and harmony in your life.